Sunday, 27 January 2008

What am I doing here?



No that's not me sandwiched between the coffee pot and oxo tins!! What I mean is how did I get to this far into 2008 without noticing? Just where did January go? It feels as though my last post was just yesterday and now we are almost saying 'goodbye' to January. If I'd been in hibernation I could understand - but that's certainly not the case. Work, work and more work has been my agenda.

I have been lurking and sometimes commenting but not nearly as much as I would like.

One thing I have been doing is a little creating (my essential therapy after a long day). These little covered notebooks are my take on a 'journal'. Lots of you are posting about keeping journals and although these are tiny they are just the right size for carrying around. I have covered thyem in a mix of vintage, new and recycled fabrics and embellished them with recycled buttons.






Now the really exciting bit is that as we speak these little 'journals ' are on their way to Southampton where they will be on sale tomorrow. My daughter works in a coffee shop where they sell hand-crafted items. Her boss saw these and asked if I would make some to display and (maybe) sell. I'm not too sure that they will but it doesn't really matter because as I said it's my therapy! So if your passing by 'Yoma' in Bedford Place do pop in for a peek. I hear they sell a mean Latte!

14 comments:

She'sSewPretty said...

Mary,
Those journals are cute! I bet they sell out!

Gill at Lucy Locket said...

Good to see you back Mary, it's work work work for me too so I know how you feel about January disappearing! Those little books are lovely, I've been creating a scrapbook myself this month, I enjoyed cutting and pasting for real instead of on the PC.....good luck with them, I'm sure they'll be snapped up and you'll have repeat orders very quickly. Hope you manage to grab some "me" time in between all the hard work.
Gill x

Kate said...

Are you a fellow OXO tin collector like me?

julia said...

I love those journals. It's one of my to-do things, work out how to cover some books.
In fact there's so much I should be doing, why am I blogging??!!
Juila xx

Ragged Roses said...

That's great news Mary, the journals are lovely, such pretty fabrics. I'm sure they won't be sitting on the shelves for long.
Kimx

anne bebbington said...

Lovely journals - have just found your blog by following a link from Andrea's (Welsh Quilter) I'm just a little farther up country from you in Taunton

Andrea said...

Hi Mary - just catching up with the 'lurkers' on my blog - lol ! Theseare really pretty - bet they'll sell like hot cakes. Keep us posted.

Peg said...

Hi Mary

Just found your blog great to 'meet' another UK poster :o)I love the books they're so pretty and I'm sure they'll sell out quickly and a demand for more will soon be made.
Lovely blog enjoyed reading it, I haven't posted on my blog for a while so am like you need to catch up.
Peg :o)

She'sSewPretty said...

Mary,
Thank you for your sweet message on my blog. I tagged you today so you'll have to write a post this month. LOL

Donna said...

Hi Mary
These journals are beautiful. I am sure they will fly off the shelves!
Can you email me your address for an invite please? I had no idea you were so close, how exciting. I would love yo see you at my sale :-)
donna@countryhouseantiquetextiles.co.uk

Suzie Sews said...

ow how exciting.

MarmaladeKiss said...

Just found your blog. Your stuff is lovely.

picperfic said...

I might just have to go and visit Yoma in Bedford Place on of these days! We're often in Southampton! I used to walk around Bedford Place in my lunch break from the University :^)

Anonymous said...

Hi

We would be interested in buying your blog if you would be interested in selling.

Please contact us at vernons@countrygoods.net

Thanks

Vernon