Tuesday, 1 January 2008

Happy New Year



This post is wishing you all a healthy and Happy New Year. I read some of your lovely greetings last night. I know I'm a little sad spending New Years Eve 'blogging' - but hey I've learnt that 'whatever floats your boat' is good.
The town we live in has a big reputation for being a great place to be at New Year. It was even mentioned in the Times newspaper in the lead up to the millenium as the third best place to be!! The big attraction is that everyone who turns out is in fancy dress - young and old alike. You really are the odd one out if you don't dress up. It really is very entertaining. The local charity shops do a roaring trade in the lead up and you can often find some great 'vintage material' in the garments labelled for 'fancy dress'.

So what did me and mine dress up as I here you ask? Well apart from my youngest of 17(who went out with a group of friends as the cool looking Men in Black) the rest of us snuggled down in front of the log burner and watched a couple of good movies. Oh yes and as I said I managed a little blogging on the other half's laptop.

New Years resolutions.... I'm never too good with these but now I'm in my 50's I seriously believe if you have good health as a foundation the rest will follow (if it's important enough).

That said I have some things to sort and deal with as a matter of priority and will be working on this list as from today. As a Piscean I am generally not too good at making decisions so that's where I will be going first. Anyone know of a good Master class??

Finally to you all I echo the thoughts of many bloggers when I say Thank You for letting me join you in this really good place called Blogland. I am learning to be brave and open up (new to me) and your feedback is always so pleasing to receive. I have made many lovely, new friends amongst you and have felt inspired by your wealth of creativity. So....

A BIG BIG THANK YOU FROM ME TO YOU

10 comments:

Ragged Roses said...

A Happy New Year to you!!! Lovely to hear from you again on your blog, you have been missed! Good luck with your list of resolutions, I always keep mine to myself and in that way it doesn't feel too bad if I break them!
Kimx

Gill at Lucy Locket said...

Hi Mary, A Happy New Year to you too. What a nice post, nothing sad about blogging on New Year's Eve, I was doing the very same...I'm leaving all that partying to other people these days, home comforts are far more appealing.
I agree, New Year's resolutions are just asking to be broken, but it's never a bad thing to think about what you want to achieve in the coming year, even if only to focus your mind. As a fellow Piscean (yay) I so know what you mean about finding it difficult to make decisions. It's a trait I have to work hard to overcome or I'd be rubbish at my job! Hope you're able to tackle some of your "things" in 2008! And thanks for allowing us to share in your life, it's been fun.
Gill xx

Donna said...

Happy New Year Mary. Please send me your email address so that I can send you an invitation to my blog. You were one of the few that I ad no contact details for so I am so pleased that you found me again :-) my email is donna@countryhouseantiquetextiles.co.uk

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Happy New Year to you! A cosy evening in sounds just as good as going out! Lucy x

weirdbunny said...

Wishing you a very special 2008 ~ Julia x

TutleyMutley said...

thanks for dropping by my blog! Of COURSE we still meet up - the first Sunday of every month - which happens to be THIS sunday - t'would be lovely to see/meet you!
There are now half a dozen of us regulars and we've been meeting up for nearly two years (come April)- Kathryn from Okehampton, Jill and Ruth from Exeter, Chris from Bickington and a new joiner, Jo from Chagford and myself from Lustleigh. We had a very successful 'K-Tog' in Knitting Week which raised £135 for South Devon Women's Aid. As you can see, we're quite widespread - but I realise Exmouth is a bit of a long haul - did you know there's a group meeting in Starcross? (though I think it's in the daytime). And have you found 'Ravelry' yet? We're having our first S&B outing NEXT Saturday (12th) - to 'Get Knitted' in Bristol - and there should be at least 35 of us knitters getting together! Can you make it?
Sue, the manager, has offered us 10%off all non sale goods AND cake! What more could you ask??!
Happy New Year Mary...

Gillybean said...

Hi Mary,Happy new year to you too. I was sewing till late on new years eve, I wouldn't have minded partying at the local where a great band was playing but 99% of the time I'm a homebody mummy and happy with that. I don't do resolutions really but I'd like to get into a bit of excercise this year. X Gill

Miles Away In France said...

I have just found your blog and it seems like a very nice place to be.

Racheal x

alison said...

Nothing wrong with blogging and a couple of movies on New Years Eve. In fact, that's just what I like to do if I can.
A very happy 2008 to you Mary!
Alison.

pournima said...

A difference to the individual readers of this blog. Thank you and well done.

Auto Classifieds
Used Stuff
Local Ads
Ads For Sale