Tuesday, 29 May 2007

Tea anyone?




Gosh I can't believe it's been nearly two weeks since my last post. I suppose like many of you out there I've just been really busy. Work, decorating and gardening are just a few of my recent activities. Anyhow...today I would like to share a post about a gift that arrived in the post for me this morning. It came from my dear daughter who is in her final year at University in Southampton. She is just finishing a degree in Fine Art (just like her Dad) and at the moment she is working very hard preparing for her degree show which is on June 15th. In the middle of all this she thought of me when she spotted this beautiful felted tea cosy in a charity shop (she is her Mothers' daughter!) She has a very good eye and often spots a good bargain. So folks.... if your passing by Devon give me a call and I'll pop the kettle on and to my dear, darling girl thank you very very much. I love you lots.

11 comments:

melissa said...

what a lovely cheerful tea cosy!
good luck to your daughter for her final show. she must take after her parents!

picperfic said...

I love that tea cosy! your daughter chose a goodun! I used to work at so'ton Uni...I miss that place! If i still lived there I would have really enjoyed going to see the show!

Gill said...

Good luck to your daughter!!! :-}

The tea cosy is soooooo cute, lurveeeeee it

Take care
Gill

Raindrops said...

You lucky thing a lovely tea cosy. A new big tea pot and tea cosy to fit are currently on my wish list. (That sounds sad I know LOL)
Good luck to your daughter. Tricia

She'sSewPretty said...

Pretty colors! What a sweet daughter to think of her mom!

Ragged Roses said...

What a lovely bright tea cosy! Even more gorgeous when it comes from your daughter! Wish your daughter good luck from me.
Kim x

Gill at Lucy Locket said...

What a well-trained daughter, she's got her Mother's eye for a bargain. Sounds like the perfect place for a cuppa en route to Cornall :)
Gill

Natasha said...

Oh taht is really cute, what a great cozy love the top tail. Congrats to your daughter!!!!!

cinderelly said...

i love tea cosies...this one is so, so cute! it looks like something from a dr. seuss book! (i mean that in a good way!)

maggiegracecreates said...

I just got your comment from the Christmas in Progress blog. It is a group of us who wanted a little more accountability to finish up some handmade Christmas gifts. I am so glad you stopped by.

I will be updating again on Monday on CIP but I update my personal blog more often.

Teresa
www.maggiegracecreates.blogspot.com

hannah said...

what a funky tea cosy! hope my daughters send me gifts like that when they are bigger! (and that they inherit the charity shop gene lol)