Saturday, 12 May 2007

Recycled linen (4).




I found it quite difficult to 'use' this favourite tray cloth in a recycled project. The finished cushion is for my mother-in-law's birthday which is soon. She always appreciates and treasures any homespun gifts I have made which makes parting with this spotty job a little easier. Once again the tray cloth was already beautifully embroidered and I simply added some text and small details. The back is embellished with Yo yos. Hope you enjoy the view.

5 comments:

julia said...

What a beautiful cushion and what a great idea for a gift. I seem to buy lots of embroidered bits and pieces and am at a loss to know what to do with them, so you've given me an idea!

Julia

Betty @ She's Sew Pretty said...

That's so pretty. Love the polka dots and the trim! Good job!

Gill at Lucy Locket said...

Your Mother in Law will be delighted, what a pretty cushion. You're giving us some great ideas to use old linens, looking forward to seeing more!

Gill

~Susie~ said...

what a lovely idea! it looks wonderful

Sharon said...

How pretty! My MIL also appreciates things I make for her ~ unlike my own Mum, unfortunately.