Tuesday, 8 May 2007

New book - new craft?







Today this book arrived from Amazon - I do so love that website. Since I started 'lurking' and then actual blogging I have seen some lovely work with textiles and collage from some talented bloggers. It prompted me to buy this book to maybe have a go. Best of all I have booked a place for a 'taster' session on book making and binding using various medium including textiles. This is run by our local Adult Education centre. The session covers the basics and you can then decide if you wish to sign up for a longer course in the Autumn. Great idea don't you think? Best of all the first session is free and you pay five pounds for any other 'tasters' you book. So I've also booked felt-making and stained glass making. A great way to find out more about a craft don't you agree? So I hope this is the start of a new friendship with book making for me. Watch this space. Oops sorry I've just previewed and these aren't the best of pictures. Just hope it gives you a taster :))

8 comments:

Gill at Lucy Locket said...

What a lovely book, and the course sounds great! Looking forward to hearing more about it.
Gill x

picperfic said...

that book looks gorgeous, love the 'love' one! Sounds like your courses will be a lot of fun, I went on a stained glass course last year and naven't looked back...prepare to spend lots of money on glass and equipment, it's soooo addictive!

Jo said...

Oohh I'm drooling - that book looks fab.....will have to go to Amazon next....!

Alison said...

Great book...look forward to seeing and hearing about what you learn on your courses.
Alison x

picperfic said...

how do i email you? can you email me from the link on my blog?

Ragged Roses said...

That book looks very interesting, good luck with the textiles course. You'll be sewing even more soon!
Kim x

julia said...

Thanks for tagging me, I've finally concocted a list. The book looks great, keep us updated with the course.

Julia x

melissa said...

that's a lovely-looking book, enjoy your classes!
happy mother's day to you.