Sunday, 1 April 2007

Yo Yo's revisited







If ever I am travelling (or chilling out in front of the television) I keep this little box of hand-stitching beside me. Little hearts are created and alongside this all sizes of YoYo's. I LOVE Yo Yo"s. I think they are just so pretty and can be used to embellish lots of projects. Apart from this they use up little scraps that would otherwise be forgotten. So imagine my joy when I found this tutorial from this clever lady. While your there take a look at her dog collar projects - amazing! So needless to say I spent most of yesterday evening producing these little gems - click on pic to enlarge. Now I have an idea to use them in a project involving that linen tea towel. Watch this space?

4 comments:

Betty @ She's Sew Pretty said...

Oh I love yo-yos. My grandma had a yo-yo pillow that I loved and I would love to know what happened to it. Maybe I'll make one of my own.

Ragged Roses said...

Those yo yos are great .what a good idea to keep them by the TV! Can't wait to see what you're going to do with them!
Kim x

Penny Sanford Fikes said...

Wow....thanks for sharing my free Heart YoYo pattern with your readers! I love the fabrics and buttons you have chosen for your yoyo's. Can't wait to see how you decorate a tea towel with them! When you finish that, please share a photo so that I can post it on my blog. There is also a group on Flickr for sharing photos of your YoYo projects. Lots of inspiration in that group! I've enjoyed reading your blog! Thanks again for your words of encouragement!
Penny
www.pennysanford.typepad.com

sunshine said...

the group penny was talking about is located gaga for yoyos on flickr. You are welcome to join and add your photos we would love to have you in the group. here is the link. http://flickr.com/groups/yoyogaga/
also there is a egg tutorial on my blog if you wan tot make some for Easter. link

here

take care
sunshine