Monday, 2 April 2007

UFO's meet Yo Yo's




I sometimes feel like the Queen of UFO's (unfinished objects.) The problem is (and blogging adds to this) I keep finding new patterns / ideas that I just have to try out. Consequently I end up with a growing "stock" of UFO's. I've even been known to buy other people's UFO's. You know - the half completed project found in the charity shop or car boot sale that's crying out for a loving home where it will be finished! Hmmm ?? Tonight keen to try something with my newly made heart YoYo's - I suddenly came over all saintly and decided to complete a UFO. So using up some of my "traditional " Yo Yo stock - I finished this velvet bag. It's made from vintage velvet (old curtains), lined with Liberty cotton (not seen in this pic) and embellished with YoYo's. Now I should sleep like a blog oops I mean log- being such a saint and all that! Night night everyone.

12 comments:

Gill said...

What a gorgeous bag, clever you.

I'm really want to have a go at making bags this year, especially after looking at the prices in Accessorize today...some lovely fabric bags but I kept thinking"I could make that for next to nothing"
Gill

Natasha said...

"sleep like a blog" hehe thanks for the giggle!!

Love the NFO (now finished object) the yoyo's are a great touch, very pretty!!

Thanks for your kind comment on my little disaster~Natasha

Gillybean said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog, I think UFO"S are half my problem actually. Your bags are awesome, I'm onto bags at the moment, do you invent your patterns? I keep buying them and then find I can't make them into what I imagined. Got a new parcel of leather ofcuts today that should spark the imagination failing that I'll cook, it's good therapy. Except when the jam doesn't set!

Donna said...

What a lovely feeling it is to finish a project. I have too many UFO's keeping me awake at night I can tell you :-/

Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog Mary. I am feeling much better now although I still have no appetite. I am using this opportunity to kick-start my spring diet, hehehe.

Ragged Roses said...

Thanks again for the lovely comments. I've got a cupboard full of UFOs, but don't tell my daughter, I've told her they don't exist! The bag is beautiful.
Kim

BeachysCapeCodCupboard said...

That is a gorgeous bag! I would never have thought of putting yoyo's on velvet, but the result is scrumptious! UFOs? They have taken over my craft space. I am a gal that has to do 20 things at the same time! lol

Clare said...

I think that UFO is really beautiful now that it's a finished object! I've just enjoyed reading your post about the Ikea duvet cover! Hope you have a wonderful Easter, Clare x

Clare said...

Hi Mary, sorry I forgot to answer your question - no, I didn't make the quilt! I bought it from a local antique shop. Clare x

cinderelly said...

i too buy other's UFOs! and my big UFO with yo-yos, is a wedding dress re-do. the blogs also find me more projects to 'unfinish' as well! but they are so fun!

melissa said...

that's a lovely bag- I love the side strap details and how you've arranged the yoyos. i must make some of those!

Allison said...

Your bag is gorgeous!! Shesh, creative people like you amaze me. I have so much to learn!

allie from minneapolis
www.mycozyhome.typepad.com

Angel Jem said...

That is one cool bag... I wonder if my husband would notice a hole in my dinky blue velvet curtains in the bedroom....