Friday, 27 April 2007

Tis the season to be jolly.






















The one thing I love about this country is the seasons and the the ever changing landscape. I can't say I have a true favourite as they all offer something different but special in their own right. However I have to say that my spirit is lifted high by the sign of Spring. People smile and generally look happy [jolly?]. This year with the warmest April on record the gardens are reaping the benefit of early sunshine. Today when I popped home for my lunch break I sat in my garden and wondered at how beautiful and clever plants are. They 'hide' through Winter and then pop up and produce amazing blooms! Here are some corners of my garden that I photographed today.

7 comments:

Vintage to Victorian said...

Hi Mary - What lovely flowers in your garden. I've just caught up on a months-worth of your blog (I can't believe I've not been back since your Cath Kidston post). Really getting excited now - and nearly everything done that I have to do. After the anticipated temperatures for this weekend it'll be a shame if next week isn't so good, but I'm not going to think about it!!

I'll try and keep up now - you've left some lovely posts during April.

Sue x

Ragged Roses said...

Your garden is looking beautiful - it is wonderful how the flowers just pop up after winter! Very envious of your aquilegias (wrong spelling I think) the snails came out yesterday after the rain and ate all of ours!
Have a good weekend.
Kim x

Gill at Lucy Locket said...

Lovely photos, makes me want to go West...my Mum lives in Newquay so I can feel a long overdue visit coming on.....
What camera do you use? I'm thinking about buying another one so that I can carry it around with me in case I see something that I MUST feature in my blog!!

Gill x

Alison said...

Hi Mary
Thank you for visiting my blog and your lovely comments.
I just love you blog it is right up my street...I just love those cute little birds are they difficult to do by hand as I haven't got a sewing machine at the mo...my last one retired it's self through over work!!
I have linked to you if that is OK.
Alison x

Clare said...

Oh how true! Throughout the winter months it's hard to believe these wonderful flowers will appear in Springtime!

Gillybean said...

Lovely to look at your spring time images as we put our garden to bed for winter.

Betty @ She's Sew Pretty said...

Your garden is so beautiful. Are those rhododendrons? I love being able to visit all of these beautfiul gardens. It was in the 90's here today! Yikes!