Monday, 23 April 2007

Burnt Offering











Last week I managed to fit in a day at a workshop learning a wonderful, clever fabric technique. The technique was created by a lady called Jennifer Trollope who is very talented. Her work features in the journal "Fabrications Quilting UK". This technique involves layering fabric, felt and organza. After stitching the design you then "burn" through to reveal the original fabric (seen in one of the pics) This can the be embellished with beads, stitching etc. I made mine into a small scissor holder. It is so clever - even I managed it!! Although Jennifer is a very good teacher!

4 comments:

Angel Jem said...

That does look interesting, and a technique I'd never heard of. Will you be brave enough top do it at home, though?

Betty @ She's Sew Pretty said...

That sounds interesting...scary? I want to know more.

Gill at Lucy Locket said...

Sounds dangerous! How do you burn the fabric (I have an image of a group of ladies brandishing blow torches.....)
Gill

Shropshire Girl said...

(I have an image of a group of ladies brandishing blow torches.....)
Gill
lol! I had a similar thought going through my head. Looks like fun!
Sandra