Sunday, 29 April 2007

Any excuse for a UFO.




It was glorious weather again today. After lunch I had lots to choose from...


I could clean the garden room (posh name for my lean to) windows.


I could bake (like my good Mam used to on a Sunday afternoon).


I could catch up on letter writing (except it's all phone calls, e-mails and text messages these days).


Or...............


I could sit in the deck chair soak up the sun and finish this UFO. Which is exactly what I did. So what you see here is a little velvet purse made out of the left overs from an earlier project (see previous post). It's lined in pretty Liberty and embellished with a Yo yo and a little crystal button. Oh and of course just a weenie bit of hand embroidery. Trouble is I'm sure I will never use it - a bit too pretty for me. Maybe my daughter will use it for her University summer ball. We shall see.
Sorry about the quality of the photo - if you click to enlarge it looks better. If not try crossing your eyes!!

8 comments:

Ragged Roses said...

A very pretty purse - the prettiest UFO I've seen!
Kim x

Gill at Lucy Locket said...

Oh pretty, you're very talented, I love your bags. Glad you enjoyed the sunshine, if you had baked you'd only have eaten the cakes!
Gill x

Victoria May Plum said...

It would be so cool if your daughter used it for her uni ball. It would add a really pretty, quirky and unique touch to a ball dress.
I think that it is lovely, and a great way to enjoy a sunny day!
Victoria x

Clare said...

That is lovely - the Liberty fabric is beautiful!

She'sSewPretty said...

Thats "sew" pretty. I love the blanket stitch around the edges.

Natasha said...

Very pretty I love the textures of the bag, I hhope you had a lovely day.

Angel Jem said...

What a cool bag! If your daughter doesn't want it, I'd have it like a shot! (No? Then it's off to Oxfam for some velvet curtains & out with the machine.... see you in a few months!)
I'd have chosen your option, too. Great way to spend an afternoon!

julia said...

Good for you. There's nothing better than sitting out in the first sunshine of the year and doing something you love, and what a lovely result!

Julia