Friday, 23 March 2007

Recycled linen (1)




This week has been particularly busy at work. Most evenings I've been too tired to sit at the computer or sewing machine for very long. However, I always feel more relaxed when I "use" my time creatively. Translated this garble means that some evenings I managed to sit in front of the television, switch off and sew. Why didn't I just come out with that to begin with?? Anyway, one of life's greatest pleasures for me is to recycle old textiles into new items and so bring them back to life. These two little sweeties were the result of resuscitating an old linen tea towel. The best thing is there is loads left for another project(s). PS Thank you all for your lovely comments about my new blog. You are a lovely lot out there.

6 comments:

BeachysCapeCodCupboard said...

A lady after my own heart! Recycling vintage linens! Thank you for stopping by my blog, and I'm happy those words lifted your spirits! You have a lovely blog and I will be back! =)

Ragged Roses said...

Thanks for the lovely comments. The little bird is so cute - great way to recycle tea towels! Keep on sewing and watching TV! Have a good weekend.
Kim x

Natasha said...

Those are so beautiful, I esp. love the bird, I seem to have an odd affection for birds these days. And recycling to make it makes it all the more perfect!

Thanks so so much for visiting my blog!! Glad you did because yours is charming.

Donna said...

Mary these are so beautiful. A very good use of your time and fabric I would say :-)

I am never happier than when creating. I get quite grumpy if I don't get time to make stuff, a bit like a smoker with no cigarettes, it's a real 'need'.

melissa said...

so sweet! I can't believe they used to be an old tea-towel.
you're very clever.

Allison said...

Your creations are beautiful! I love the red with the white. Very cute!

allie from minneapolis
www.mycozyhome.typepad.com